PALM OIL - Key facts you should know:
- Palm Oil is the highest yielding vegetable oil crop per hectare, a boycott would simply move the problem elsewhere
- Palm Oil accounts for 37% of vegetable oil produced but is grown on less than 10% of land under vegetable oil crop cultivation
- 6 million people are dependent on palm oil for their livelihood and its cultivation has lifted many of these people out of poverty
- A UK or even European boycott of palm oil would result in fewer incentives for producers to adopt or continue with sustainable methods as India and China are the world's largest consumers of palm oil and are not yet committed to sourcing responsibly.
- Please be aware that the product you buy from us is RSPO certified at the Segregated (SG) level. This means that the palm oil used in it has come from RSPO accredited sources and has been kept segregated from non-accredited material throughout the supply chain. The Akobake is a blend of palm fractions and rapeseed oil.
All of our products are made with sustainable palm oil.
We are members of RSPO: http://www.rspo.org/